Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Show Me Some Love!

Psst! If you enjoy my blog, please click the flashing link above to vote for me as a top mommy blogger. No strings attached. Just one little click = a vote. Thank you mucho!

Monday, September 23, 2013

We All Have Our Demons

You’ve been here before. This is where you first spotted the girl with the pierced lip. See that gnarled tree? You snagged your T-shirt as you watched her from behind its massive trunk.

You don’t remember her name; you think it started with a B. Keeping them straight is getting harder. Was she the newlywed? The nurse? Neither. She was the student whose hair smelled like apples. Before police called off the search, you caught her distraught—but still hopeful—parents on the evening news. Her mom called her a fighter. You could certainly attest to that. You wore long sleeves for three weeks that summer to hide the nicks she’d clawed into your arms. You retaliated by tearing her soft belly with your teeth. The metallic taste of her blood surprised you.

Remember the waitress? When you read she had an identical twin, you considered taking her too. You couldn’t stop fantasizing about essentially having the same girl twice. Wouldn’t it have been a kick to see that perfect face again—all full of color, without the bulging eyes and purple bite mark marring her cheek? You knew it was too risky, though.

But now you’re getting sloppy. Returning to a previous post is dangerous. Maybe someone saw you hanging around that day but didn’t think anything of it. Surely a second time would raise alarm.

You didn’t choose to be this way, just like you didn’t choose how tall you’d be. You only wish to satiate yourself. But they never simply let you do what you need to do.

Sheila had been fine with a little kink … until that night you pulled the scarf too tightly around her neck. Her striking you in desperation turned you on even more. She called you an animal, a sadist. Wouldn’t let you touch her for weeks afterward. Giving her the ring placated her.

As you’re leaving, you notice a leggy blonde pushing a stroller. You can already imagine fresh bruises on her fair skin.
#
This week's Trifecta Writing Challenge: The entry must be 33-333 words and include the word "animal" as defined below:

ANIMAL
a human being considered chiefly as physical or nonrational; also : this nature


Word count: 333
               

54 comments:

  1. Chilling end, Ivy. As always great piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Inside the mind of a killer, a dark place indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must admit going to this dark place was kinda fun. :)

      Delete
  3. oh Ivy, it's the perfect use of the word. Chilling and scary. I often wonder how often each one of us is being watched or chosen and how often we escape without even knowing how close we were to evil.

    you know I watch a lot of Law & Order and your story reminds me that whatever we can dream up , is happening, "ripped from the headlines" sooner or later.

    stay safe today...and I will too.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Law & Order. I'm an Investigation Discovery junkie, too. I often think about what evil lurks around. Scary stuff.

      I'm glad you liked this dark tale.

      Keep an eye out for weirdos. I want you around so you can keep writing your awesome stories!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Wow, twisted... I like it. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy. The scary part is that we share the world with these types every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and they don't always look like the monsters they are.

      Delete
  6. Nice window into the soul of creepiness. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh this could be a piece of a bigger story... Love that you wrote it in second person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bjorn! It would be fun to turn this into a longer story. Hmmm...

      Delete
  8. Violence is the only thing that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creepy creepy, but it's wonderful to read. I have a thousand and one back stories running through my head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creepy look into a killer's mind. The 'giving her the ring placated her' gave me a chill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janna. That's one of the creepiest parts to me too: the thought of unknowingly being in a relationship with a monster.

      Delete
  11. This is great, Ivy. Has the same sort of you-know-you-shouldn't seductiveness as Dexter.
    And Sheila, wow, so he's a couple... *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kymm! I love that this reminded you of Dexter. I kind of had him in the back of my mind when I wrote this.

      Yeah, I think Sheila's in for a rude awakening.

      Delete
  12. Very good analysis of a violent mind set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A werewolf story without the literal transformation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Werewolf? Hmmm ... wasn't in my mind when I wrote it. But I can sorta see that. Thanks for the kind words, Draug.

      Delete
  14. Dark and sinister...I also liked the use of the second person perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes... great job in sketching out the mind of that animal. Second person works well...

    ReplyDelete
  16. A chilling story, great ending.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, very chilling. This was an excellent description of an animal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I hope I sleep well tonight! Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope you slept OK. Thanks for the wonderful words! :)

      Delete
  19. Evil incarnate-glad we cannot look into the cesspool of such minds-no wonder they are such animals-even animals are better-at least they have a reason!And Ivy what a horribly ,chilling,mind shattering tale you wove-I was on tenterhooks -and that ending-oh,oh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, Atreyee! I'm so glad the story worked for you.

      Delete
  20. Holy cow, this is terrifying. And very well written. It's hard, in my opinion, to make the 2nd person POV not sound awkward or contrived, but you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made my day. I've always felt the same about 2nd person but I wanted to try it after reading a couple good examples here recently. I was hoping the POV would add to the creep factor. So glad to know you felt it worked. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  21. Creepy, creepy, creepy. I want to shake off that creepy feeling right now, literally. That means you did a good job. :) Great voice and POV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thanks, Margit! I love knowing my story impacted you so strongly. Now stay inside and lock your doors, OK? :)

      Delete
  22. Wow, Ivy. That's a tough read! Great job with the prompt word. Your writing is really top notch. Thanks for linking up. Don't forget to vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a great comment to read first thing this morning. Thank you so much! I love these challenges and don't know how I ever lived without them. I'm thrilled to belong to such a fantastic community of amazing writers.

      Delete
  23. A very piece! Nice touch.. I enjoyed reading this. I has taken me to a different place!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's great to hear. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully crafted. I was hooked at the first sentence! Congratulations on a well-deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been away from Trifecta, and from blogging for that matter, and from writing or effort also, but this is so good that I had to add my comment also. Very creepy, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment!

      I've only been doing trifecta since May, but I LOVE it. Hopefully you'll end your writing break soon. I'd really like to read some of your work. :)

      Delete
  28. Ha! I remember reading this, and not commenting as I thought it was too real - poor women!!! I know, terrible decision of mine before, but rectified now..

    ReplyDelete

You're so sexy when you comment on my blog.