Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Show Me Some Love!

Psst! If you enjoy my blog, please click the flashing link above to vote for me as a top mommy blogger. No strings attached. Just one little click = a vote. Thank you mucho!

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Girl Behind the Wall

Pluck her from her comfort zone.
Convince her not to stay alone.

The charming girl behind that wall
Is terrified to let it fall.

She’s going to take a lot of work.
For that, just thank a certain jerk.

The one who baited, promised, flattered
And—once he won her—left her shattered.

Now every man’s a ruthless snake,
A calling card for more heartache.

She’s had her guard up much too long.
Are you the one to prove her wrong?

Restore her faith in fairy tales?
Put the wind back in her sails?

It won’t be easy; she’ll resist.
She tends to soften when she’s kissed.

But please make sure your lips are true.
I’m ... she's pinning her last hopes on you.




This week's Trifecta Writing Challenge: The entry must be 33-333 words and include the word "pluck" as defined below:

PLUCK
to move, remove, or separate forcibly or abruptly <plucked the child from the middle of the street>

Word count: 124

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this! Especially this line: A calling card for more heartache.
    Way to go, as usual, Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH how I loved this.
    For so many reasons, for you writing it, for me reading it and trying to stem the tears of nostalgia.

    I've let this man in before , before my happily ever after, and he ruined me for years, forever, maybe.

    it was beautiful, it was true, it was everything you're good at and with.

    I love your words my dear, dear friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ivy. I loved this too. Trust is easily shattered and not so easily restored. Your words give hope to all of us who have been there. Hugs, sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love to read your post!
    And this was no exception, Its so true, that it takes much more to tear down a wall than to build it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that turnaround at the end.. you have quite the knack for that.. nice work, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Steph... fabulous turn around. I love how you snuck that in st the end. And so so true for a lot of us ladies; I think we've all meet his brothers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. liked "calling card for more heartache"

    Loved the flow and your word choices. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this hopeful piece of reality. I've been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make baggage sound appealing. :-) Thanks for linking up. Remember to go back and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome writing Ivy-loved the rhythm in here,the tone-everything:-)Happy thanksgiving to you and your's my friend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome work Ivy! Totally loved this :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever. I hope she (you) get your holiday wish.

    ReplyDelete

You're so sexy when you comment on my blog.